As is known to all, iTunes can back up your iPhone automatically every time you connect iPhone to computer, but this kind of backup cannot be read or edit. What if you want to read your contacts on computer? Here’s the solution: use iPhone Data Recovery.
How does it work? It is capable of directly extracting iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF, or extracting contacts from iPhone backup to vCard/VCF. Moreover, it can easily extract songs, videos, playlists, iTunes U, Podcasts to & from Your PC/iTunes.
You can download this free trial version now with the detailed instructions to have a fair idea whether you can extract iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF.
Part I: Extract Contacts from iPhone to vCard/VCF File
You can rely on this way to extract contacts without iTunes backup files.
Step1. Enter the iPhone's System
First of all, connect your iPhone to the computer, and run the program. Then you'll get a main interface below. To scan data on your iPhone, you'd enter the phone's system. Do it as follow:
1. Hold your iPhone, and click "Start" to begin;
2. Hold "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time for exact 10 seconds. The program will count time for you;
3. Release the "Power" button and keep pressing the "Home" button for another 10 seconds, until you get into the system.
After successfully entering the system, the program will automatically start to scan your iPhone.
Step 2: Export iPhone Contacts to vCard/VCF File
When the scan completes, you can preview all data found from your iPhone, including contacts, messages, photos, notes, etc. Check those you want back and click "Recover". You can extract your iPhone contacts to a vCard/VCF file on your computer now.
Note: If you want to separate deleted contacts, you can use the slide button at the bottom to "Only display the deleted items".
Part II: Extract iPhone Contacts to vCard/VCF form iTunes Backup
Step1. Choose the iPhone Backup to Extract
In this way, click "Recover from iTunes Backup File" on the top of the primary window after you run the program. Then you'll get the interface below. All your iTunes backup files on your computer have been scanned out and listed. Choose the one for your iPhone and click "Start Scan" to begin extracting it. Note: Make sure you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before you run the program.
Step2. Extract iPhone Backup Contacts to VCF/vCard
The scan will take you. After that, all data on your iPhone will be extracted and displayed in categories. Click "Contacts" to check your contacts and click "Recover" to export them as a vCard/VCF file on your computer.
The two ways mentioned above are time-saving and easy to follow. Choose the one you like and follow the instruction with care, and then you can extract iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF on your own.
Most appreciated features of iPhone Recovery：
1. Apart from extracting iPhone contacts to vCard/VCF, iPhone Data Recovery also lets you extract iPhone contacts as a CSV or HTML file.
2. Extract iTunes Backup for all iOS Devices, including iPhone 6/6 Plus.
3. Retrieve data from iPhone 6/6 Plus, 5s/5c/5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad1 and iPod Touch 4G by directly scanning the device.
4. Get back data lost due to accidental or intentional deletion, device damage or system crash, etc.